Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving


Thanksgiving is a truly unique American celebration, 'tho I understand there is a Thanksgiving in Canada, and my bad, I didn't research what that one is about. So I'm sticking with our American Thanksgiving.

I humbly ask that you take time today to give thanks for the gifts in your life. I won't deign to tell you what they are, you know. And if you don't know, stop and ponder, then give thanks.

We know not is all well with our country, but we can commit this Thanksgiving Day to making it the best place we can. With gestures of kindness and generosity we can help those not as fortunate as we are and those that can't be with the ones they love.

Thanksgiving can be more than Turkey Day, although the feast is fab and I look forward to it all year long. When I go to bed this evening, I'll recall the wisdom of a dear friend Jean who has lived a long and varied life, and take a moment to recall the joys I experienced this day and pass them onward.

Peace and Happy Thanksgiving to all.

~LA

6 comments:

Audra Harders said...

Thanks for the lovely thoughts, LA!

Thanksgiving Day is set aside just for that -- thanksgiving!

I'm so thankful for my family and friends. A warm home and enough food. A TBR pile that stretches endlessly before me : )

Now life would be complete if time just stretched to accomodate all the activities I'd love to do : )

God has blessed us mightily and I give thanks each day.

Blessings for a bountiful thanksgiving to all our followers!

Donnell said...

Happy Thanksgiving, LA, I hope yours was fabulous!

KL Grady said...

Late to the party, as usual. I gave thanks that my husband was home for the day this year rather than breathing burning tires in Afghanistan. And I'm so very grateful he'll be spending the holiday season - from Thanksgiving to New Year's Day - with us and not on a ship. I only wish the same could be had for all military families.

Donnell said...

LA, please thank him for his service (and you and your children for your sacrifice). How wonderful you have him home for a while!

Donnell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Donnell said...

Try, try again. Kerri-Leigh, please thank your husband for his service, and I can't imagine the sacrifice he has being away from his family and friends.