Saturday, April 3, 2010

Congrats to Scribe KL!

I want to congratulate KL on finaling in The Sandy!!

Woo Hoo. Well, done Kerri-Leigh. I'm so happy to see all your hard work has paid off and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that agent Ginger Clark is blown away by your story!

I'm thrilled to see that each year The Sandy gets better and better quality entries. I'm also heartbroken when past finalists and other authors I know write well get good scores in The Sandy . . . just not good enough to final.

But we had a record number of ties this year and I'm proud to see the quality of writing I will be sending to our editors and agent final judges. And I'm VERY grateful to, and proud of, all my first round judges who give much of their time to help our Sandy entrants.

Now onwards to the finals. And then to the conference! To those who didn't final . . . I'm sorry. I hope you got some good feedback and I hope to hear from you next year! I'll be sending everybody's judged entries back in a couple of days.

Thanks for entering and hope to see you in Crested Butte at the conference June 18-20!
www.crestedbuttewriters.org.
T

4 comments:

Donnell said...

KL, well done! I hope you have amazing success! Have fun in Crested Butte, you are going, right?

KL Grady said...

Thanks, Donnell. And yes, I'll be in CB this summer (finally!). Looking forward to it!

Donnell said...

Dang it, I have to rob a bank or something. One way or the other I want to get up there and see you and attend this great conference! ~D

KL Grady said...

I keep forgetting we haven't actually met yet. LOL That must definitely be remedied! It would be awesome if you could come this summer, but we'll find a way no matter what.