Thursday, September 16, 2010

Follow the ACFW Conference!

Good morning everyone, Audra here.

Way out of my element here. I'm sitting in a Panera Bread in Indianapolis, IN using their free WiFi because my netbook isn't equiped with an ethernet card allowing me to blog about the conference from the comfort of my hotel room. Serious bummer. Do you have any idea how many calories there are in one of their bagels let alone the bear claws, muffins, and cream cheese? I keep reminding myself I didn't bring any elastic waists with me. Better hit the workout facility before the conference begins : )

ACFW - American Christian Fiction Writers - hosts their annual conference in rotating locations with this year being in Indy. It's so green out here! Coming from Colorado, the Boulder area specifically where the wildfires have been raging, I'm used to seeing arid green, not lush green. Of course, the hotel/conference center is smack in the middle of the city, but hey the view from the flight made me go *wow!*

The conference hasn't started yet. I arrived a day early to party with my Seeker buddies as has become custom at this conferences. Last year, the conference was in Denver where Tina Russo and I played tour guides. This year, Janet Dean has kindly offered her daughter's home for our get together -- heaven help my daughter if she ever offers our house to 30 strangers -- I'd be cleaning for a month!!!

Anyway, the conference runs from Sept 17 - 20 and keynote speaker this year is bestselling author Tim Downs, known best for his Bug Man series. Gotta get my hands on a copy of that book. Sounds great, from an entomologist point of view, LOL. James Scott Bell is hosting an early bird workshop all day Friday before the conference kicks off at 4:00 pm.

Just giving you a teaser of things to come since the festivities haven't started yet. If you aren't familir with ACFW and are a reader or writer of Inspirational fiction, check them out!

Stay tuned for more info to come!!

Blessings!
-audra

No comments: