Sunday, November 7, 2010

NaNoWriMo -- One Participant's Perspective...So Far



Seriously fun. 

When they say on the banner, "Thirty days and nights of literary abandon" I took that to heart.

I'm working on a novel.  I haven't worked on a novel for a long long time, you all know I'd traded writing passions and was working exclusively on screenwriting.  So I'm feeling VERY rusty writing a novel,

But you all also know I've been seduced by the e-book phenom.  The books out there are good, so mine will have excellent company :)  BUT I needed a kick in the pants to get it done.

WOW is NaNoWriMo a fun kick. http://www.nanowrimo.org/

I'm writing, thoughts are flowing, pacing is fast, details aren't happening and I'm not editing myself (almost a first)  I'm just writing the story.  All the rest will come later.

By today, 1/4 of the way through-ish the month, I should have close to 11K words.  Not there yet, but I'm not giving up.  I will have the required 50k words by the end of the month in order to be considered a winner.  I WILL.  I vow in front of all of you.  I have a blasted cold, but that will not keep me down.

Then I'll have the major portion of a book written.  Not well mind you, but remember what I always say; you can't fix it if you don't have anything to fix

Puke is what I'm doing, and I'm loving it. 

Back to the page.

Ciao
~LA

5 comments:

Donnell said...

I am so proud of you. Wow, a cold, a sore toe and you're puking. Poor LA. But congratulations on this phenomenal output!

Leslie Ann said...

Hi D,
Yup, I'm proud of me,too! Puke is for the words, not that I'm puking :)

It's a fun challenge and I'm treating that way...nice change for a serious me.

~LA

Donnell said...

Got it... I just needed something to go with the cold in your nose to the ouchy on your toes. I know you're not literally puking. At least you better not be! Have fun getting the story out.

Leslie Ann said...

Opps, sorry D. I thought you meant it literally...sometimes during cold I thought I was going to puke (cough) up my guts.

Onward today to another 1500 words...

xo
LA

Audra Harders said...

Leslie, you're doing great! I'm in the challenge with ya...and challenge is the right word.

But writing at this pace DOES free up your mind. Your work can't help but be organic, the thoughts flow too fast.

No contrived plots here!

BTW, Donnell!! I'm still celebrating your first sale, babe!! Can't wait for more details!