Saturday, March 26, 2011

Five Scribes Interviewee Kaki Warner, a Double-RITA Finalist

On March 25, 2011, Romance Writers of America announced the best of the best romance authors in the industry. Among them was Five Scribes' contributor, Kaki Warner. To read her interview with us, check out http://fivescribes.blogspot.com/2011/01/chasing-sun-with-kaki-warner.html

Congratulations, Kaki. We're thrilled for you, and we'll be cheering you on in July in New York at the RWA's National Conference.


2011 RITA FINALIST FOR BEST FIRST BOOK

Pieces of Sky by Kaki Warner (Berkley Sensation; Wendy McCurdy, editor)


2011 RITA Finalist for Best Historical Romance

Open Country by Kaki Warner (Berkley Sensation; Wendy McCurdy, editor)


7 comments:

Vince said...

Congrats to Kaki!

I’m so glad that the judges ‘got it’!

I saw it at once! What a voice! What an experience to read!

If you want to know more see my review:

http://vmres.blogspot.com/2010/08/open-country-delivers-five-star.html

Vince

Donnell said...

Vince, when I read Open Country, I got chills. Kaki Warner is mesmerizing as a writer. I can't wait to meet her in person at Crested Butte.

Donnell said...

Need to qualify, I'm reading her books out of order. Darn it! Why can't I do anything right?

kakiwarner said...

Chills, Donnell? You need to get out more. LOL. I appreciate the generous suppost from both you and Vince, as well as Theresa, and all the other five-scribers. It means a lot coming from people who know the struggles every writer faces. Ya'll have all been great!

And Vince, is there still no chance of you getting to conference this summer? A big sloppy hug awaits you. And I can probably round up other huggers, as well.

Gillian Layne said...

I knew I recognized that name and just couldn't place where I'd seen it. :)

Congratulations, Kaki, and best of luck on awards night. Your books are in my 2B read pile, toward the very top!

Theresa said...

I'm SO thrilled Kaki is getting the rewards she deserves!!
A TALENTED, hard-working, kind person! I can't wait to read the next series, though I DO think you should slow down in writing, Ms. Kaki, 'cause I don't want you to burn out. I want to have decades more of your stories to read!
Can't wait to celebrate in CB!

kakiwarner said...

Thanks, Gillian. And a special thanks to you, T., for all your wonderful support. Can't wait until conference. When can we start signing up?