Monday, July 11, 2011

I'm baaaack...

Hi Everyone!

Please let me RE-introduce myself : ) Audra Harders here and, thanks to the patience and kindness of my fellow scribes who have not given me up for lost, I am the FIFTH Scribe.

Suffice it to say, life does not slow down, or even stay even keel, just because you’ve sold a book. For all the wonderful news and announcements I’ve missed over these many months, a huge congratulations and kudos to well-placed efforts.

And also, my sympathies extend to everyone over disappointments garnered while slogging through this wacky world of publishing. And for personal losses experienced having nothing to do with writing. Yep, life swaggers along and we’re along for the ride.

I’m not even going to think about recapping the last year, so let’s start with current events. Did anyone make it to New York for the Romance Writers of America’s annual conference? Unfortunately, I did not. I’m over it now, but a month ago? I could drop a perfect pout in the blink of an eye.

The attraction of the RWA Conference?

Conference hosted in New York City

My Love Inspired debut book, Rocky Mountain Hero, was eligible for the Literacy signing

Timing with day job actually made it feasible to attend this year

…Did I mention the conference was in NEW YORK CITY???

The only element missing from my equation of blissful dream was … … money. Silly little detail. I guess I should start saving NOW for RWA New York City in 2015.

I did manage to stay informed through friends who did attend. As attendees rushed all around to fit in as many workshops as possible, so too did awards ceremonies hosted by various Chapters demand a fair chunk of time. As Donnell mentioned, the Daphne du Maurier Awards were presented at the annual Kiss of Death, Death By Chocolate party. Being an inspirational writer, I was tickled when a good friend, Anita Mae Draper was awarded an Honorable Mention for unpublished Inspirational Romantic Mystery/Suspense, and Renee Ryan walked away with the honors for published Inspirational Romantic Mystery/Suspense. The Daphne du Maurier contest has a stellar reputation and to be counted among the finalists earns a huge honor. Congratulations, ladies!

Of course, the big night for contest awards shone brightly as the Golden Heart and RITA awards were announced. Rumor has it there were some mighty classy acceptance speeches given. I must give a shout out to Pam Hillman who finaled in the Inspirational category of the Golden Heart with Stealing Jake. Unfortunately, Pam didn’t win the award, she did better than that. Tyndale House bought Stealing Jake, bestowing Pam with the honor of published author status. Nice trade off, right? By the way, Stealing Jake is available now!!

Another shout out goes to Mary Connealy as Doctor in Petticoats finaled in the Inspirational category of the RITA. If you’re looking for romantic comedy at its finest, check out ALL of Mary’s books published by Barbour Publishing. Mary has recently changed publishers and her Bethany House release, Out Of Control, will be available August 2012.

As you probably have guessed, my life revolves around the Inspirational romance world. Forgive me my long absence, but I’m back now and promise to update the Five Scribe followers with all things inspirationally romantic from now on!

See you again real soon!

Audra Harders writes “rugged stories with heart” featuring cowboys who haven’t a clue about relationships rescued by ladies who think they have all the answers. In real life, she’s married to her own patient hero, has two teenagers about the leave the nest, and is surrounded by everything conducive to writing about farming, ranching and cowboys at her day job in the county Extension office. She began writing right after her son was born and sold her first book to Steeple Hill Love Inspired mere months before that same son graduated from high school. Surviving those years in between remind her God does have her plan for her life…and that He has a tremendous sense of humor. You can visit her at her website and her blog. Don’t be shy!



16 comments:

Glynna Kaye said...

Welcome back, Audra! And congrats to all the gals who've finaled/won in recent contests! Tell us a bit about your debut book -- and what are you working on now?

Audra Harders said...

Hi Glynna and happy Monday! Doesn't it seem like weekends go by so fast?

Rocky Mountain Hero, Love Inspired Books, released in January 2011. What a thrill! My fellow Scribe and best friend, Leslie Ann Sartor and I hosted a booksigning at Barnes and Noble that surpassed all my fantasies, LOL! What a hoot!

Anyway, RMH features Gabe Davidson who runs the day to day operations of the Circle D Ranch. Steeped in work and responsibilities, he never thought he'd find love until God plops her right into his hands -- or in this case, has her crash along his county road.

I just turned in the second book featuring Zac Davidson to my editor and am currently working on the third brother, Nick.

You have a book of your own on the shelves in August, Glynna. Can't wait to read Small-Town Hearts. I absolutely loved Dreaming of Home!

Donnell said...

Audra, I can't tell you how thrilled I am... and disappointed. I own Rocky Mountain Hero... but if I would have know about your book signing I would have moved heaven and earth --not like He can of course--to get there. Welcome back, and I missed NY, too, so I feel your pain! I brought inspirational to the Daphne, because it is an important reading venue. So excited for the talented authors who promote it.

Welcome back, Audra.

Pam Hillman said...

Welcome back to the world of blogging, Audra!

Loved Gabe and Melanie's story. Can you give us a peek into what Zac's story is about?

And thanks for the shout-out on Stealing Jake.

Audra Harders said...

Donnell, bless your heart.

The Daphne is such a great contest. Thanks for working hard to bring Inspirationals into the mix. I know how difficult it is to add categories to contest, much less such a prestigious one.

I hate to say it, but I THOUGHT I had advertised everywhere about my booksigning, but from the disgruntled comments of friends, apparently I didn't. SORRY! I will personally invite you to the next, LOL!

Thanks for your support, Donnell!

Audra Harders said...

Hi Pam! I'm so excited that you not only finalled in the Golden Heart, but that you sold Stealing Jake, too!

I'm excited about the new endeavor Tyndale House it embarking on. Can you fill us in?

Stealing Jake. I bought it the first day it went public : )

Ruth Logan Herne said...

I won't mention that you plugged my Small-Town Hearts for Glynna instead of her At Home in His Heart...

BUT THANK YOU, AUDRA! ;)

And I'm dying to read the new version of Zac's story. I love Zac. Just love him!

Mary Connealy said...

Morning Audra. I think I managed to make eye contact with Renee once....maybe. Crazy, hectic conference. I got to hang around with Anita Mae a bit more. It's so wonderful to see familiar faces in such a big place.

Tina Radcliffe said...

Good news. I am working on a plan for 26 hours in each day.

Will keep you posted.

If I have time.

Audra Harders said...

See what happens when I don't have my glasses on? Ruth? Glynna? Hmm, both gorgeous brunettes.

Thanks for clearing up my oops, Ruthy. Age you know. Not a welcome addition to my already feeble brain LOL!

Audra Harders said...

Mary, YOU didn't need to find anyone...they were all looking for YOU!

Glad you had a good time with Anita. She's such a hoot.

Audra Harders said...

If anyone can arrange more hours in a day, it's you, Tina.

Keep us posted : )

Renee Ryan said...

Hi Audra!

We missed you in New York! The conference was a blast. I saw Anita Mae and Mary. Yes, Mary, that was me that went whizzing by. I was in charge of the workshops and that kept me running. Too bad it didn't translate into lost calories (sigh).

Thanks, Audra, for the shout-out about the DAPHNE. I blame it all on Donnell. She's the one who pushed me to enter. Oh, I do so love happy endings. ;-)

Audra, do you have any more LIs in the works?

~Renee~

Audra Harders said...

Hi Renee!

I've been hiding until the red leaves my face after giving Ruthy's title for Glynna's book!!

Oh man. All I can do is blame it on Monday. Yeah, that's right. It's Monday.

Congrats on the Daphne win! Isn't Donnell the best? Always pushing and prodding for the greater good.

Next year, it's going to have to be the RITA, Renee. You do know that, don't you??

I'm waiting patiently for Emily to tell me the fate of my second book. So in the meantime, I'm off working on the third.

Thanks for asking!

Leslie Ann said...

Audra,
We've missed you! Welcome Back, Babe.

Gabe is a winner, Zac is a doll (sorry folks, Audra is my critiquing partner, so I get first lookies:) and I can't wait to see it out on the shelves.

The book signing was a hoot, so much fun and energy. No sitting around, the girl was up and talking and selling books. I sat, and organized :)

I'm waiting, not patiently, to read Nick's story. I know the old Nick and can't wait to see what trouble you're bringing to him.

TINA, I want in on that 26 hour day, pretty please.

Audra, I'm happy you're back, I've missed seeing you here.

Hugs
~LA of the Scribes

Audra Harders said...

Leslie! We did have a great time at that booksigning, didn't we? You were quite the social butterfly, don't deny it. I've got the pictures...

I'm excited to have finished Zac's story and moving on to the remake of Nick. I hope I've learned something through the msc edits I've lived through. I'm trying to enjoy conflict, LOL!

Good to be back.

Got to get back into the swing of things : )